Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted January 13, 2010 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
an octogram of tribute

A chapter in the book Octograms

Epitome of Elegance

by adewpearl


He crossed a room in elegance,
with style and grace,
yet every stride without pretense
in regal pace.
From tiger's blood inherited
the carriage with each step he tread
and look of calm on feline face,
with style and grace.

When hunting he would look intense
before the chase.
He took his stance of taut offense,
for no disgrace
would fall on him at end of day
as he brought home his well-stalked prey.
He earned his keep and rightful place
with style and grace.




Recognized


I have been privileged to share a home with numerous cats over the years. Some were cuter than Tiger, some more cuddly and lovable, but none touched his natural elegance. I've never known any creature or any person as elegant as he.
Before he came to live with my children and me, he was a feral cat, abandoned quite a while ago by an unfeeling family. He lived in the woods behind our complex and was occasionally fed or taken in out of the rain by the family of my daughter's friend until they moved. Miranda asked if we could look after him as they had, and I agreed. But within a day or two it was clear we were not going to have a casual arrangement with Tiger. We adopted him, and he became a full-fledged member of our family, but he forever remained an outdoor cat. He slept inside, ate inside, but he had to go out every day for at least a while and sometimes for a couple days before returning. He was no longer hungry and in need of the birds, mice and bunnies from the woods as nourishment, but by then the hunt was in his blood. He would bring the poor dead creatures home intact to lay before my appreciative feet. I learned the art of picking the lifeless little corpses up with newspaper and carrying them to the dumpster when he was not looking :-) I was not about to insult him.
The cat in the picture does not do Tiger justice - he was longer and leaner and far more regal.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. adewpearl All rights reserved.
adewpearl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.