Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted January 3, 2010


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
reflective quatrains

Epiphanies for a New Age

by adewpearl


Epiphanies are never had
by people who have closed their minds,
who go about the task at hand
in cubicles where they're confined.

No revelations come to those
whose certainties have made them blind,
who discount possibilities
and only look to what's behind.

Embrace your capability
for wonderment, and you may find
a world shed of its dogma leads
to better lives for all mankind.




Recognized


January 6th, or the Sunday closest to it, is celebrated as Epiphany in many Christian denominations. This commemorates the day the Magi visited the newborn Jesus and realized He was a divine being. In everyday usage, an epiphany is a "sudden intuitive realization, a sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something."
Close-minded people who think dogmatically are not the kind of people who experience epiphanies. Their thinking does not allow for new possibilities and intuitive revelations. This can hold us back from so many things. As long as we are all convinced, for instance, that we are doomed to live with war forever because war has always existed and people possess a warlike nature, we will, of course, never break free of that which we've decided is inevitable. Open-minded Wise Men once believed a small child was the Prince of Peace. When do we start to believe that just maybe, there was something to that?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. adewpearl All rights reserved.
adewpearl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.