Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted November 23, 2009 Chapters:  ...11 12 -13- 14... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a reflective triolet/ no punctuation

A chapter in the book Triolets: Traditional and Modified

Flights of Serendipity

by adewpearl

Hope travels on the tiny wings
of hummingbird and honeybee
as pollen on each creature clings
hope travels on their tiny wings
for new life from each journey springs
in flights of serendipity
hope travels on the tiny wings
of hummingbird and honeybee




Recognized


The triolet is a centuries old French repeating form of poetry. The poem consists of only eight lines, with a rhyme scheme of ABaAabAB. The first line is repeated as the fourth and seventh lines, and the second line repeats as the eighth line.
I almost always punctuate poetry, but in this case, it impedes the flow.
Hummingbirds and honeybees are among the creatures that pollinate flowers, fruits and vegetables as they fly from plant to plant in search of the nectar that keeps them alive. The pollination that occurs as a result of their search for food is entirely accidental on their part. Pollen sticks to their bodies and drops off as they flit from plant to plant, which is our good fortune. As much as one third of the human food supply depends on insect pollination.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. adewpearl All rights reserved.
adewpearl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.