General Poetry posted September 8, 2009 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Not only remembering, but preventing another 911.

A chapter in the book A Lasting Peace Without the Tears

The Wild Fires Of Terrorism

by Mike K2

When a house is seen burning down,
sometimes it is best to let it go;
until the right equipment rolls around;
limiting the risk for those who know.

Perhaps those around it can be saved,
by preventing it from becoming fuel;
as loss to lives can remain staved,
though to the owner this can be cruel.

But with a wildfire's smoke in the distance,
do you really want to ignore the chance;
the winds will shift with unpredictable persistence,
as around your climes, lapping flames will dance?

There will always seem to be smoke on the horizon,
but conditions will change and bring it back to you;
one will have to run, too hot to keep your eyes upon,
leaving all others behind for something you didn't do.

As soon as the distant smoke is seen, it must be stemmed,
for it affects us all eventually, best to join forces now;
the fiery pockets of fuel, isolated from winds and hemmed,
saving other's land and lives, keeping it penned up anyhow.

With displaced beliefs, terrorism is such a tyrannical wildfire,
taking hold, thwarting civility, taking people's righteous belief;
held at bay, little pockets of terrorism go out, becoming not dire,
with intelligence and vigilance, for all can have blessed relief.

In fighting fire as with terrorism, there is a price to pay;
but ready to jump to put out the flames, will make a safer way.
Then it will be only like minded people to share on life a new lease;
as then all can enjoy a solid and lasting, well founded peace.




I honestly believe that George Bush could have done far better at being president if he took a public moral stance on many issues. I feel the biggest accomplishment was to pull together the intelligence agencies and also gain on intelligence sharing with other countries. This severely hampered terrorism and prevented numerous serious occurrences. There was and will be a price still to be paid for this vigilance, as an obligation. If every one or country lends a hand, it will be minimized.

When it comes to Barrack Obama, I loved what he had to say and the feelings that he gave me, as I looked at crossing the lines of my beliefs and voting for him. The reason that I decided not to was, while there were plenty of words, I found myself asking the question, "How?" To be honest, not only weren't there answers be provided, I didn't like what my mind came up with answering them. To my wild amazement, I couldn't believe what I saw from an American president as he apologized to world leaders with governments that espoused us as enemies. Even bowing to or accepting books that held us with contempt. In addition to undoing what the Bush presidency did in reference to intelligence. I feel at this time it is very dangerous to hamper or dismantle a necessary part of life that protects us. This also happened in the Clinton administration and I feel lead up to 911.

I have seen victims blame themselves for acts of others. If I walk up to you and punch you in the face, kick you in the gut, you may want to come up with reasons to why that happened. If caught, I will say what ever it takes to get out of it or minimize the punishment. I saw that happen with an armed robbery that I was caught in. The sentence didn't fit the crime or someone putting another's life in jeopardy. Best to realize whether the act itself was right or wrong to have occurred and act on that basis.

With fighting a wild fire, several things must happen at once, enough manpower has to be provided to deal with the individual fires; also unburned areas in the way, must be retarded to slow the flames and deny the fire fuel. Whether a slow smoldering ember that will erupt fanned by some wind, or something that hits with a bright flash of lightening, both must be discovered and fought. You can't call a wildfire local and say that they should fight it, or stop when it hits another jurisdiction. Fire fighting crews and apparatus are brought in from all over the country and even has world participation in putting it out. Not to do so, would mean much more death and destruction.

Likewise, terrorism will seek to have the conditions that it can operate and spread. How? In Pakistan it is affecting two countries as terrorists get operational ability and sanctuary within the tribal areas. One reason stated is that the terrorists do more then the government. The help out a little and promise a lot, eventually they realize that this was for the terrorists benefit and not theirs. The other reason that a terrorist group is permitted to move in is fear. This can be stemmed with having the agent work with the people. The problem that has to be mitigated is that in these places, unusually because of criminal activity, the government isn't welcome.

I feel that it is a matter of right and wrong, Taking of innocent people's lives that the country and world has a right to not only dictate that this won't be tolerated, but also to prevent it. Baltimore has a different problem with terrorism, in this case the violence over drugs. It is easy to say, "Well I am not part of this realm," and for fear to ignore it; as the government makes it easier for this to happen with a lenient criminal justice system that cites expense of removing them from society. That is why we have some of the highest crime statistics in the country and why I have to walk past prostitutes everyday. The dividing line for me is when it not only affects the individual user, but it spills out into society. Hell, this all spilled into my household, until I risked everything and put a stop to it.

You can not make peace with people who either blame you or call for your destruction, as it will only delay the inevitable. Destruction, either yours or theirs, in the meantime, they experience intense joy at your demise. I want to honor with truth the memory of 911, those who perished fighting it since as their sacrifices have prevented many more; as well all of the innocent victims who have perished in terrorism's tyranny, that great vast majorities have actually been the Muslims themselves. It is time for them to also make a stand and not permit their religion being used as an excuse or vehicle for this violence to continue. I pray that all countries have the common sense to help and stop this. I don't want our next 9-11 to be a blinding flash with a five mile path of destruction.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.