Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted September 6, 2009 Chapters:  ...31 32 -33- 34... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
rispetto in honor of Stillbirth Rembrance Day

A chapter in the book rispettos

Stillborn

by adewpearl


Should daisies bloom along the path
you stroll upon, please pause awhile
to listen for a baby's laugh
among those blooms that make you smile.

Each spirit of a babe whose death
occurred before it drew life's breath
lives in a daisy placed on Earth
by God, who claimed that child at birth.




Recognized


In Canada and the United States, September 6 has been designated Stillbirth Remembrance day since 2001. In the United States alone, 26,000 babies are stillborn each year, one in about 160 births. Parents who anticipated the birth of a healthy child for many months are left with an empty crib to go home to.
Celtic legend has it that when God saw the parents of these innocent children mourning their loss, he sprinkled daisies over the Earth to offer them cheer. Each daisy, a symbol of innocence, springs from the spirit of a child who died at birth. To any of my readers who have ever suffered this terrible loss, I dedicate this poem.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. adewpearl All rights reserved.
adewpearl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.