Humor Fiction posted July 13, 2009


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a satirical Fanstory review

Long Live Compassionate Reviewers

by adewpearl

Dear Collosal Poet,
I am assuming the misspelling of your member name is deliberate and meant to be some sort of ironic statement?

How shall I begin to explain my two star rating of your "unique" piece? I did not assign it a one because I'm just too darned compassionate!

Your rhymes in the first, second and third quatrains seem a tad forced. "I watched your heart beat fade away/ I knew you'd never again come out on the street to play" is a good example to focus on. You do realize this is just plain funny, right? I mean, I know this is supposed to be a heartfelt, tragic tribute to your dying puppy, but I laughed myself silly at that point.

And "blood seeps over your coat so furry/ I wish I could drive faster to get you to the damned vet in a hurry" also had me rolling on the floor in hysterical waves of laughter. I probably shouldn't be quite that entertained at the thought of your little springer spaniel about to leave the world too soon.

As for your final lines - you really ought to rethink them. "When I saw your intestines eviscerated/ I wish our walk we had for a couple of more minutes waited." Just think that one over carefully, my friend.

Meter - I couldn't really find any to comment on, but I suppose you were just too caught up in the bloody memory of all those spilled guts to keep your mind on cadence.

I'm thinking maybe you might want to explore a new outlet for your creative impulses, like finger painting. I wish you only the best as you try to wipe this terrible image of Skippy from your memory. Hugs, Brooke :-D



Squelched! writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a fictional review that would definitely get you squelched. It should be funny. Please don't base it on someone's actual writing and don't name names. Made up names are OK.

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. adewpearl All rights reserved.
adewpearl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.