Humor Poetry posted July 9, 2009


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A humorous septolet about otters

My Morning at the Zoo

by adewpearl

Septolet Poem Contest Winner 


Romping
river otters
slipped and splashed
away.


One returned
my gawk
before resuming play.




Writing Prompt
Write a Septolet - a seven-line poem consisting of fourteen words broken into two parts. Both parts deal with the same thought and create a picture.

Septolet Poem
Contest Winner

Recognized


I decided to indulge myself this morning and spent a couple hours at the local zoo. My favorite animals there are the river otters. Today, in the middle of their exuberant play, one otter stopped dead in his tracks to stare up at me for several seconds. Who is watching whom? I asked. He was as curious about me as I was about him, it seemed. And then he realized I was pretty boring and went about his play again.
The septolet is a seven line, fourteen word poem in which two verses paint a picture in which the second verse usually completes that picture in some sort of ironic or surprising way.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. adewpearl All rights reserved.
adewpearl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.