General Poetry posted June 21, 2009 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
wildflower haiku series

A chapter in the book Wildflower Haiku

(bachelor's buttons) haiku

by adewpearl



bachelor's buttons
bedazzle fields with color
blaze of azure blue





Recognized


This is for my FS buddy, Loyd Taylor, whose favorite color is blue. Bachelor's buttons, another name for cornflowers, are cornflower blue, a shade close to azure blue. Flower experts say they are the truest blue flower. They even used to be used to extract pigment for cyan/blue dye. Ever wonder when you were a kid using cornflower Crayola crayons why a blue crayon was called cornflower? It's because these wildflowers often used to grow in corn fields before modern farming methods made that less common.
The Bedazzler is a craft tool used by children and hobbyists to decorate cloth - one sort of staples rhinestones onto tee shirts and jeans, etc. to bedazzle/decorate them.
There are no photos of this wildflower that I can find on FanArt, hence my use of this whimsical painting.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. adewpearl All rights reserved.
adewpearl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.