General Poetry posted June 20, 2009 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
wildflower haiku series

A chapter in the book Wildflower Haiku

(elegance resides) haiku

by adewpearl



elegance resides
in a ladyslipper's stance
beauty beyond price





Recognized


The ladyslipper is a wild orchid, every bit as beautiful as those sold by florists for outrageous prices, but on public display for anyone to enjoy. Variations of the ladyslipper are the state flower of New Hampshire and Minnesota and the provincial flower of Prince Edward Island and Manitoba. In Minnesota there is even the Ladyslipper Scenic Byway that has a website to update when in any given year they are blooming. It is not legal to sell ladyslippers in Minnesota and in many areas they are considered such a rarity that they are protected as endangered. According to the caption in FanArt, the one pictured here is from Manitoba. What a treasure it must be to come upon one in areas of moist shade where they grow. No florist can set a price on that.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. adewpearl All rights reserved.
adewpearl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.