General Poetry posted June 19, 2009 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
wildflower haiku series

A chapter in the book Wildflower Haiku

(clover offers bees) haiku

by adewpearl



clover offers bees
nectar steeped in summer's sweet
honey on the stem





Recognized


Sorry about the picture for flower purists - I know the flower in the picture is a thistle. I could find this great picture with the bee or a lovely picture of a clover with a butterfly but not the perfect picture of a clover with a bee.
Clover is a major source of nectar for honey bees. Clover honey is popular for its mild flavor, but customers are warned that it is not a consistent flavor as those darned bees stray to other flowers, rarely collecting only from clover. So taste varies depending on the proportion of nectar that comes from clover. Evidently, the paler the honey, the more likely it is close to pure clover honey. And honey made from summer clover is considered better quality than earlier spring honey.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. adewpearl All rights reserved.
adewpearl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.