Humor Poetry posted May 26, 2009


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a joyful septolet

Miranda

by adewpearl

Happy Poems Contest Winner 


plus sign
appears from drops
of pee

moment
of piddling --
a lifetime
of glee



Writing Prompt
Think about happiness and write a happy poem. It can be any style, free verse or rhyme.

Happy Poems
Contest Winner

Recognized


any lack of strict adherence to the spirit of the septolet, please disregard - this is in a happy poem contest and is strictly for fun.
Miranda is my daughter - Earlier this month, I wrote not one, but three poems about her for her birthday, but then when I wrote "The Earth Spun Round," which is about becoming a mother for the first time, and therefore more about her big brother, she told me I had better write another poem about her! LOL Nothing like a bit of sibling rivalry. As soon as I saw the happy poem prompt today, I knew this was the perfect opportunity to write a happy poem about the joy she has given me since the second I knew I was pregnant with her. So, Miranda, (who reads my poetry on fanstory) this one is for you!!
in case anyone doesn't know - piddle is another word for pee, and one pees onto a stick for a pregnancy test.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. adewpearl All rights reserved.
adewpearl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.