Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted April 5, 2009 Chapters:  ...24 25 -26- 27... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
please read author's notes for this cinquain

A chapter in the book cinquains

Exceeding Expectations

by adewpearl


With palms,
the multitude
declared this Man their King,
but could not know the victory
He'd bring.




Recognized


Happy Palm Sunday, the first day of Holy Week in the Christian Calendar. When the people lined the streets and hailed Jesus as he rode into Jerusalem days before his crucifixion, they truly had no idea how great would be Christ's triumph over death just days in the future or what implications that victory would have for their lives. I thought about writing a poem this morning about last night's North Korean missile launch, but I just didn't have the heart to right now. This morning is my favorite day of the Christian calendar, and so I feel called on to write this second poem in honor of this joyous day. Happy Palm Sunday to one and all, because even if you are not Christian, I know you share with me a belief in the triumph of good over evil and the power of love and compassion. Religion should not divide us - to do good, to be kind, to live in peace with all - there is no religion that owns the rights to those things we all strive to do and be.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. adewpearl All rights reserved.
adewpearl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.