Spiritual Poetry posted April 4, 2009


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
reflective septolet

Palm Sunday

by adewpearl



With palms
they glorified Him.
Hosannas filled
the skies.

Tears
welled within
His eyes.




Recognized


Palm Sunday occurs in the Christian calendar one Sunday before Easter. It commemorates the day Jesus and His disciples entered Jerusalem only days before His crucifixion. According to the Gospels, Jesus was met by cheering multitudes, who lined his path with palm fronds, which symbolized triumph and victory in the Jewish tradition. They shouted hosanna, a cheer of adoration. In Luke's account, Jesus wept. This is easy to understand because all four Gospels make it clear that Jesus understood what was to happen to Him - He knew this journey was to fulfill the prophecy of His death and resurrection.
In the septolet, the two verses form a whole picture with the second verse from a different perspective that provides a sense of irony. Here, Jesus knows what the happy multitudes do not.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. adewpearl All rights reserved.
adewpearl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.