General Poetry posted February 23, 2009


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An Animists Look On Love

I Czing

by Mike K2

You cautiously cross your
crooked bridge looking back.
Carrying your precarious cargo
you snuck along in your pack.

Inanimate sticks to the
untrained layman's eye.
But worth planting in the
center garden you ply.

Patiently you frequently
stop by and ear a listen.
As the buds arise and so in
joy the dew doth glisten.

Most of the buds stay ever
so quitefully wrapped tight.
But a quiet whisper can be
heard in the din before night.

You hesitantly clip the buds
that don't gain life and sing.
Remorsefully hoping for the one
remaining to let out its ring.

To your surprise, bursting forth
an unexpected and glorious bloom.
That seems to last for life in
an immaculate, beautiful bloom!

An anomaly in life as most fell
to once again become the ground.
The remainder of your life the
memory won't die, remaining around.

One can then cross a
straight bridge back.
Comforted by just a
promise of a stick...
in a pack.




I watch the show Anthony Bordain's, "No Reservation" From an episode called, "Lebanon." He was filming just as a group of Israel people were kidnapped and the terrorists in this small triumph reared its ugly head. Instant apprehension occurred just as the realization that retaliation was iminant. Things were fine and dandy at first, then the film crew was evaced to a particular area.

A mysterious, "Mr Wolf," kept the people occupied with plans or one consideration after another. Ironically, I believe a pool personnel was telling them not to worry, yet giving them seemingly confidential information. In a much smaller way this has occurred with me in my family problems. It is not a nice experience to see the various other nations evacuating before you, a citizen of a more looked down upon nation. My guess is that the US was in the know between the government proper of Lebanon and Israel. When that evacuation was organized, those hard US Marines changed their face and became a comforting and welcoming force to the evacuees.

I wanted my nature photography to be global and indeed, I would be operating in areas that would land me a personal observer. Instead of making this hard on a county, I would request that the interpreter and guide would be an ex-military officer. First to prevent me from inadvertently stepping into trouble and to also be able to give any perspective bad guys the heads up that I am not the typical victim of their deeds.

I Czing is my adaption of, "I Ching," or the book of changes. It has something to do with Chinese fortune telling, but I don't know exactly how it works. It strikes me as a Chinese form of Morse Code for the future.

In Zen gardens, often times the bridges are Zig-zagged so that this confuses the evil spirits, so they can't follow you, as their existence is linear in nature.

Sticks, basically dried cuttings that retain enough moisture and genetic material so they can once again root in proper growing conditions.

I consider this a faith based poem as we have to rely on not only other people, but their judgment. In a sense this applies to both you (That bloom, yearning to develop.) and the grower. There are always two involved and BOTH need faith!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.