General Poetry posted January 31, 2009


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Macabringly Endearing

Just Beyond My Reach

by Mike K2

I know you're out there,
constantly stalking me.
You obviously don't care,
I'll get you! You'll see.

Sneaking just beyond my door,
staying just beyond my reach.
Constantly scaring me more,
my castle you won't breach.

My senses are razor edge,
alive and filled with passion.
Hiding behind, bush or sedge?
You won't breach this bastion!

I'll let everyone know about you,
but they won't fight my fight.
I'll get you and your life will be through,
this torture will end;- then your plight!

You've been warned!
Here, you'll cause no harm!

Clank!

Sniff, sniff, sniff...
Oh, it's the mailman.

Hey! No Dif!

I'll bark at you across the
room at the window if I can!



Recognized


Photograph, copyright 2009 Michael W. Kohlman. I really don't recommend agitating a dog by putting his dog biscuit in your mouth. But such is poetry. God bless the mailman! One time the dog got away from me and cornered him and he was so afraid that he forgot he had mace. Their relationship is now better, but now the dog expects a treat from him. To the dog this is never ending and I use the mailman as my alarm clock for the after noons. The dog is actually a great dog and well trained. I had to train the mailman not to be afraid of dogs. Dogs sense this and that shrinking, spells food. I have been attacked several times and it is funny, after caring for a dog, there hasn't been a problem. Whether it is something that they sense or the fact that usually, I am not afraid.

I wanted to give that macabre fear that women feel when they have a relationship problem and stalked. One woman was convinced that I was stalking her, which finally lead to an emotional confrontation. I never really considered her and the truth be known, I was merely walking back or forth to work, or at a store.

We all have those dreams of footsteps or somebody lurking to do harm. In reality my biggest threat to my life has been the cars on Harford Road. I have had a half dozen close calls. Within a foot and an excess of speed usually. The next biggest problem is not the bad person, but simply a person who is scared. There are times when I have had to be prepared to use deadly force. Four times out of five, the threat comes from a person who is scared. I just make sure the situation is rendered safe for me and go about my way. But not always.

I remembered that on one occasion I was walking up on a very large, muscular black person. Right when I got to his side, he launched to punch. I just stood there, with my arms down and laughed. He goes, "Oh, your white." He was new to the area so I informed him that really isn't the best way to think. I mentioned that many more black people are in the area, but there all fine. I also let him know of various apartments with drug users and let him know that they can be a problem to deal with.

I love that sense that is on both sides of the feeling and joked about how a dog must feel. Every noise, movement or smell.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.