General Poetry posted January 27, 2009


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A light, open hearted peace and unexpected ending!

May My Heart Stop [Without You]

by Mike K2

Situational palpitations,
with orgasmal insinuations.

These rhythms are not yet charted, 
therefore  treatment can not be started.
Defibrillator paddles won't be run,
for only you have the ability to stun.

For your love, there are no buffers;
so with you, I must stand to suffer!
You being more powerful than Adrenaline,
like a puppy dog, I come back again...

Since combining together, our infinite grays;
splitting with one good word makes colorful days.
You handle love at your own sweet leisure,
finding a way to provide comforting pleasure.

Your moods are hard to handle sometimes,
but your absence makes for emotional flat-lines.
Who you are, I don't know, but can surmise;
you're the death of me, masquerading in disguise.

If from your life , it is me that you crop,
I plead with God, "Please! Make my heart stop!"
But before I find my love across the veil;
first let you be the one, you'll let me nail!




* To be pronounced with a dialect inflection of, "lez-ure."

Instead of pining over my life, I have to handle it with a sense of humor despite the fact this poem could lead to a pine box.

I like the theme of the heart. Though not certified in ACLS, I do have an understanding of it. If a heart attack is suspected they hook you up to an EKG and depending on the rhythm, the type of heart attack is determined as is its treatment. In a cardiac arrest, the immediate goal is to restart the heart and reestablish a rhythm. They use Adrenaline for this and also to prevent lactic acid buildup, they inject periodically, a solution of sodium bicarbonate (buffer solution).

Crop- A term in both photography and graphic arts to frame or trim. In my case, to eliminate me from the picture.

I also couldn't resist mentioning grays. Though not a theme on this site for a while. Gray is the combination of both Black (absence) and White a combination of all light! Perhaps it is a lecture that I attended or something in the incense that I have been burning, but I think of Yin and Yang, perfectly matched to have a balancing effect. Gray most likely still has enough light to be able to be split by a prism so we can still find our favorite color in the spectrum. But much like life, maybe we have to look a bit harder to see it.

I couldn't resist the shock at the end. I guess it says to me, "What is, will be, but don't let me leave empty handedly." How I actually feel is that the love making is the icing on the cake, lest I wonder what to do with her the next day. Nothing sets the icing off like a great cake (foundation) underneath and there are so many feelings to enjoy in sharing. I follow the best of friends philosophy. It would be great to find this in everyday life. A little caring, a bit of sharing, makes life worth bearing.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.