Humor Poetry posted January 24, 2009


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Some traits are karmatic in proportion!

A Horse of a Fight, Of Course!

by Mike K2

It wasn't planned,
but I had to get
into a fight with a horse.

I had justice in mind,
not what led to an
insurmountable fighting course.

Needless to say with this
impossible task; with glee,
he knocked me down on my ass.

Some people said that I
got exactly what I deserved;
others laughed or called me crass.

With my adventures and causes,
I might as well have a lance
to joust at windmills.

My female companion is on the
same horse riding on him nude,
through town and in the hills.

No matter if fights are with
people, animals or causes like
justice, love, amenity or honesty;

these fights always end up
much bigger than I thought
leaving bloody bruises on me.

Hey bastard! You don't need
to stand over me, taunt
and gloat.

Because when I get up,
it will be on, since once again;
you got my goat!




Recognized


This contest is to make fun of a quality that you have. Well I hated the chosen picture as I indeed had a fight with a horse. When we arrived at camp, the horses were in our area and going for our food. Most were able to be shushed off with a whoop-it-tie and a flick of a hat. But this one not only seemed to have problem solving ability, but also human like facial expressions. He grabbed a loaf of wrapped bread and I went after him. Then I got into a tug of war with that loaf, but held on. I said to the horse, "Well your human enough! and I punched him in the snout. He rammed me and I had this sensation of being hit by a brick wall and saw blue! Yep. The gloating part on the horse was that he waited to I came to and stood up. He made sure that I saw him eat that slice of bread that he got! I yelled at him, "OK you won the war... But did you win the battle."

He came back later and I was sitting at the fire. My amusement was watching five other adults pushing, pushing and slapping. They asked if I could help. I stood up and yelled, "Hey! Do you remember me... Want to go for a second round!" He gave me this long stare and then dropped his head and walked off. The adults that previously laughed, were amazed that only a few words worked. I guess somewhere in this poem is good horse sense.

Not that I desire them, I find myself in fights. I have lost only one and it took twenty four boy scouts to put me down. It started with horse play with a few boys. The a whole patrol joined in and it looked like a Bruce Lee movie, then it became a troop. The older boys were not fairing any better, until they did their job as leaders and orchestrated my down fall. A group of boys dropped me to my knees and another slammed my face into the ground. I saw destiny and couldn't dropped my head fast enough. A boy was running at me and couldn't stop, hitting the back of my neck in a full run. I now knew how a victim felt and simply prayed that it would stop and wished for death. The whole goal of this was to get my hat. There was now a foot on the banged back of the head and he was pulling it off with the chin strap around my neck. Luckily it broke and it took me about ten minutes to be able to remember my name and I had a headache for two weeks.

I try to stay out of fights, but there are a few that seem to want to find me. With my armed robber that I was in, I let him have his way the first time. But when he ran past me, I just couldn't believe this and started to pursue him with nothing but my tactical knowledge and faith in God. With poetry it is many causes that I have courageously penned poems. I have been severely punished for my first poem written here, ironically by people that I thought were my friends and it was about a love that I had. I try to bring about better qualities in people and seem instead to get their worst. At times anger. But some fights are worth fighting, lest a principle becomes lost to us.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.