Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted December 30, 2008 Chapters:  ...45 46 -47- 48... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
War Cinquain

A chapter in the book cinquains

Justice?

by adewpearl



In war,
nations suspend
international law,
but who's empowered to suspend
the pain?




Recognized


There are "rules of war" that many nations try to adhere to, but in the midst of such violence, the climate is ripe for such horrors as rape and murder of civilians, even if the country conducting the war does not condone these things. And as we've seen in wars of the past and today, there are also outlaw nations where the entire conduct of war suspends any semblance of law. There are today wars where children are torn from their families to fight, where women are raped in front of their children, where civilians are hacked to death or left permanently maimed and otherwise brutalized. Many of their torturers never face punishment, but their pain is no less because it was endured during wartime.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. adewpearl All rights reserved.
adewpearl has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.