General Poetry posted December 20, 2008


Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
What I really want (to see.)

Jesus, Santa, You and Me.

by Mike K2

It's no use writing a letter to the North Pole;
for my desired gifts, Santa can't build or extol.

No sense praying to baby Jesus in a manger, on the sod;
we have to learn this, God only gives a comforting nod.

I would like to see a better practice of the Golden Rule;
life would be more enjoyable and not to be so damn cruel.

~~~~~~~

I would love to be considered more approachable;
more accurately able, to judge what is broachable.

If I inquire about you or time, answers I seek;
but to be ignored or avoided, deeply hurts me.

Spending time with so few people, good, my intentions;
don't assign them, your suspicions or your inventions.

Keep the moments forever cherished and not a fester;
a friend for life, not me feeling like the Queen's Jester.

"Yes?" I'd love to hear! "No? Maybe?" Only disappoint.
Silence this year, went into my heart as a spear's point.

Maybe there are plenty asking, but guts from me it takes,
I am tired of ending up feeling that I made mistakes.

~~~~~~

Don't try to find trouble running by up parallel stairs;
to see if you can cause trouble with me, up there.

You are nothing more the being a Twisted Dickie Mon;
I will always smile, you be de one have-in no fon.

If you could have just looked a bit inside your heart;
you have have known, I was being honorable from the start.

In your environment, you love to peck, scratch and caw;
better if you consider words are backed by cap and ball.

~~~~~~

I put a lot of work into my loves, thoughts and ideas;
here too, it would be great to get some response here.

Not wanting to offend, bring sharp response or a policy;
doesn't provide me with guidance that would help me.

There is always an alternate motive, or something suspect;
how about a thoughtful person, trying to do their best.

~~~~~~

That's just it, I would like in all of us, like to see;
A bit of Christmas spirit, everyday like Jesus and Santa,
makes things a bit nicer for both you and me.






Please, no comments about the emotional nature. I am not crying in my beer. This year I had some very nice experiences. Going out to South Dakota was a much needed treat. Back to the ground as I put it. Also the convention was nice, but in my situation, they were all out endeavors, but worth it.

I produced this poem, because there are some things that seem Karmatic in my life and would love for that to change. That would be a change for the better. Where friends can always be friends and trust each other while being open. Efforts like asking to spend time with someone are at least answered openly and not simply dismissed with either suspicion or simple inattention. Also with my ideas and desires, to have people come on board and if not lend help, then a possible direction. In these cases, that lack of has always put me back on square one.

I would have not made it as good as I have not it been for an elderly woman who felt my dream and sought to see it reslized and loaned me the money to not only get food at the convention, but keep the lights on in my house when I returned. lol I don't look back at my experience with harshness, but forward with hope and understanding.

"Don't try to find trouble running by up parallel stairs;
to see if you can cause trouble with me, up there."
This means that if you go up steps to talk to someone, he will run up the other set and ease drop so that he can jump in and cause trouble. Not a person looking for trouble, but making it.


"You are nothing more the being a Twisted Dickie Mon;
I will always smile, you be de one have-in no fon."

I wrote a poem titled, "The Truth... Twisted Dickie Mon!," That has a Jamaican accent. A twisted dick was a name that we made up to refer to a person who had no idea of what scouts was about and acted like he did. If you were at a urinal and suggested that he just shake it, he'd twisted that much more. (An uptight self centered person with ego!)

"In your environment, you love to peck, scratch and caw;
better if you consider words are backed by cap and ball." Caw is the clue about a person acting like you were a piece of trash with food on it and they were a crow taking advantage of it. I have watched these crows in the middle of a major street, risking life and limb trying to get at what they think is food, but actually discarded aluminum foil. Meaning with out due logic or common sense.

Cap and ball refers to a black powder weapon such as a dueling pistol. To back your word with one means that you are prepared to stake your life on it. I have practiced dueling and in a separate experiment, I have had a ball go hissing by. It's scary hearing the bang and that ball coming.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.