General Poetry posted December 10, 2008


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My feelings and observations. A senryu...

Wealth With Soul

by Mike K2

GOD ISN'T
AGAINST RICH PEOPLE
JUST POOR SOULS




Money will get you through life better and more enjoyably, but God doesn't collect tolls.

You can read Jude's review of this for the context of her feeling that God isn't against anyone. My opinion is, not immediately as he gives us every chance to become better and better our relationship with him. This Senryu is not a rant against rich people, as I have met quite a few people of wealthy means and indeed, not only look up to them out of admiration, but they have enojed something in me as well.

When a person told me that he is on my right shoulder, I said that God and the devil are enough for my shoulders to bear. I was informed that the devil was on my left. It wasn't the statement, but the increasingly prevalent attitude I have experienced over the years, that not only disgusted me, but made me feel sad.

This senryu came to me after the 98 ROCK Morning Show had an author on who explained that he had witnessed a vision, as God took him to hell to demonstrate that it is not only real, but located inside the earth. To be honest, the word, "nut case," came up over the air and in thought, but he had a wonderful thought related message. It's not necessarily what we do for God's judgment, but our relationship with Him. All I can lay claim to, is operating with a sense of him. That eliminates a lot of regret as I can only learn by stepping in it. I also fail, but hope it is to a smaller degree then just giving up or forgetting all around me. In commenting on visions, whether brought about by a thought or need, a dream, hallucination or actual vision; I believe that they are the first step in understanding and pondering something our mind and spirit feels is of great importance.

I have been rich and poor, all I can say is, no matter my financial worth, that I don't become the type of person that God would reject. Yes, I am a professional sucker, but I stand tall in the winds of that judgment. To me, mindset is the wealth that gets us past.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.