General Poetry posted October 25, 2008 Chapters:  ...14 15 -16- 17... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Not for the metrosexual! Or discussed just for fun

A chapter in the book Performance Problems -Production

One In The Bush!

by Mike K2


A Poem.

Man gets an idea to
Avoid dingle-berry burn.
Nuptial razor blade fear;

Succumbs to fantasy
Considering surprise for ladies
And creativity prostulates
Possibilities in design.
Inspiration sticks with perspiration.
No problem, antiperspirant!
Grooming a slick individual!





Acrostic poem or just plain caustic?

Prostulate- Postulates, but given the subect matter...

I can academically defend this poem! I created this to point out human nature and it's quirks. You can add to creationism and evolution, reengineering.

I have been a bit fatigued with poetry and a thought just occurred to me for fun. Naturally with humor in mind I had to create a poem about it.

In an attempt to improve my hair, I have spent time at beauty salons and it was as if I wasn't there. The conversations that I overheard were amazing, if not down right embarrassing. I also learned not to speak or give an opinion, no matter how solicited. My last attempts with hair are now at a unisex establishment...

Being a male, I am of the Red/Green Show variety and basically, men do not discuss such finery or thoughts to each other. If some innovation doesn't involve duck-tape, it doesn't deserve conversation. In the case of the poem, even if a common idea, it is figured out individually and the person, when he has mastered his fear over the trimmer and razor blade, finds a mirror and gains some youthful courage... Even becoming creative.

In not trying to use a rock station for inspiration, the opposite has happened. Being that the forefront of my thought comes from either FanStory or that station. One of the personalities is Josh, the morning newsman and comintator, who is otherwise antisocial and trying to jump out of his big news window, even though it is only imaginary. On the air at least and never fitting in, he sheepishly enquired about trimming up, unknowing and fearful to try the task himself. The closest thing to female balance was on vacation that week; the Harley owning woman was temporarily replaced by Steve Rouse, a former 98Rock personality and pig farmer. Mickey and Steve, assisted by the producer Scott, entered into negotations to improve Josh's self-esteeme. It took the week for Josh to accept the fact that there is not a man available who deals with that area.

The task was respectivly handled by two woman who used it as an oppotunity to promote their salon, under the insecent demands and whining of Josh. The girls had a sense of good radio. This is when the hurricane hit Texas and I was worried about I person that I met who was from there. It did not help matters as when he was giving the news about it, the girls were pulling off waxed tounge depressors from private ares, at stragic descriptions of huricane damage. Making truely agonizing, my thoughts towards Texas.

No matter how much I laughed, I thought the whole bit was ridiculous and cowardly, then it dawned on me that for Josh to be trimmed and waxed in a studio full of people [despite privacy demands] and about 100,000 listeners, really takes some balls. Many of which complained about almost driving off of the roads.

The beauty of this show is with the Morning Show Family, one never knows what to expect and the discussions can go from serious politics to poles on a dime, yet never over the top.

I am legally bound to say, that I am associated in no way with 98 ROCK and most likely they will not associate themselves with me. It is this poem that leads me to believe that I am somehow genetically fused with Andy Rooney and Erma Bomback.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.