General Poetry posted October 15, 2008


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A complex, MikeKu

Paradoxical Observation

by Mike K2

It matters not,
what harshness your eyes see.
Being vivid!

When the heart is allowed
to feel gentle
moments created by Thee.




In my life, I have had to deal with a tremendous amount of harshness, yet my heart remains soft, even to other's disdain. An example of this happened yesterday and is one of the reasons I can identify with Dirty Harry. Every fricken dirty job that comes along. Our work is frequented by working girls and one turned it into a base of operations. Apparently last Friday she felt nature's calling and missed it. So in a governmentally mandated landscaped area, between work and the sidewalk she left her soiled finery behind. Tuesday morning it was suggested that I clean it up and I refused as I knew it would lead to an audience of my laughing co-workers. Later in the evening, when I was basically alone, my pride hit me and I used a very tall box and long pieces of chipboard to clean it up. As soon as I scooped up her finery, I heard a, "Meow." My bad humor [that always gets me in trouble] got the best of me and I thought to myself, "Oh my God, she left her pussy behind also." It turned out that there was also a cat in the bushes about three feet behind. I apologized to the cat for human transgressions, even though it is in their nature to do the same. Much of my life has been like this. A sweetheart who died, that loved me but feared a relationship. A mom that suffered a cardiac arrest and survived with severe brain damage. A horrible marriage that lead to a divorce that was taken advantage of by an employer in my opinion. Also a true friend that is fearful of putting her true self out there, someone I am truly accepting of, no matter the situation. The greatest thing that I can walk away with is my heart and until my death, I plan to put forth that battle. Through it all, I have seen such beauty and majesty, that I can only hope to gain the ability to put it all into words. It keeps me going and gives me something to live for.

I dedicate this poem to four of the members here. Two Moon for her delectable and majestic spirit. Judian James for her observational prowess and Arjuna for her gentleness and faith. Today they posted poems that fed into these very thoughts of mine. This site is truly a special creation and bless us all for it. I consider it, The Good Hearts Society. Also HalfHoff for not only tolerating me, but being a very nice host who proved that the poets table that we all sit by is only as distant as our heart. Cheers!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.