General Poetry posted September 13, 2008


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The only thing that is accepted.

Towering

by Mike K2

To me,
you are the princess
a knight seeks.

But you,
the sad princess
locked in her
tower keep.

But it is our
spirits that
run wild and free.

Literarily,
hand in hand
you and me.

As children,
running around.

Elderly,
for such a long time,
to each other bound.

Shy teenagers,
fighting to prevent
that first kiss.

Or separated by a
year's sojourn,
hugging and crying,
both so missed.

I have penetrated
the fanciful world
that you created.

I stand with a smile,
for some tribute
that got me berated.

I write only with
you in mind...

Not expecting your love,
or a reply in kind.



Recognized


Photograph of Carcassonne Castle in France, obtained by the Wikipedia free on-line encyclopedia and is considered public domain. Supplied by Jonaslange and photoshop modified by Mike K2. To remove a person from the castles bridge and to add a person, in the tower's window. Also cropped and resized for use with FanStory.

I hope every woman that reads this cries her eyes out. Not for my satisfaction, but for fifteen years I have a 100MPH life vest that I purchased for river rescue and want to see if it actually works. However, I will accept on solitary tear, even if from uncontrollable laughter. This one just came to mind and had to be written. Of all the pieces in my portfolio, I feel this one represents a true love.

It also reminds me of a day at my grandfathers house on Woodlea Avenue in Baltimore. I took fancy with the girl across the street and really enjoyed her attractiveness. I climbed the maple tree in the front yard and she watched me from out of her window in the attic. We just stared at each other. This was when I was thirteen and had a biker's wallet and a M-60 machine gun bracelet. The she threw a piece of crumpled paper out of the window and I climbed down and looked at it. It said, "Why are you staring at me?"
I answered back, "Because I like you!"

She threw another one out and it said to go back up into the tree and I did. Then another piece of paper came out and it said, " I like you too! Now go back up into the tree." I did, another on one came out, "I bet I can have you do this all day!"
I told her, "I bet you won't!" and knew to go back up into the tree. By this time, she would disappear from the window to write the note and then pop back in to see if I was reading it. She threw another one that said, "I don't like you, but maybe with the next one I will. Now go back into the tree!" Being a good boy, I did. Another note came out and I would slide around the tree so she didn't see me. She would peak and I would appear to be gone. Then I would be back into the tree reading the paper and making an angry face. But then, with her finger pointing up for me to wait, would disappear again and then reappear to through another one out. I didn't bite!

After about ten times, I finally motioned for her to wait a minute, slipped out of the tree and took my shirt off, using it to her chagrin to collect all of the notes and take them with me, into the tree. I was worth the look on her face. They all said the same, "Maybe the next time. I will like you!" LOL

The next time I came over she was throwing the softball with her dad and I imposed to play as well. The poor girl had that same look on her face. A chaperoned softball throw, but I was with her. My Uncle stopped by and informed me that I want nothing to do with her as she was retarded. She struck me as pretty smart and that was the same Uncle who hasn't given me a Christmas present for thirty years because I didn't appreciate the last one he gave me. It was a signed letter by Joe DiMaggio, that I was so happy to get, I showed it off in school and it got stolen. There was to be no next time with this girl, as the next week it was apparent to all that my grandfather was dying and the wagon man was waiting outside to collect his spirit.

Now, with every note thrown at me. I come down out of that tree for the sole reason that I can. Until that princess or the wagon man claims me...
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.