General Poetry posted August 28, 2008


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Whether literally or figuratively.

Loss Of That Love

by Mike K2


It matters not the years that pass;
for in the heart, that loved one's
memory will always last.


Like a cold rain
that unaccommodatingly pelts,
the person's loss is always felt.

But as storm clouds part and
the sun shines through;
leaving behind in our hearts,
a silver lining to view.




The first thing I was going to do with this was develop my own artwork, but decided against this as that would be too personal for this poem. When I speak of a loss of a love, I am including child and parent, husband and wife, or in my case, just someone a fellow child that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. But loss can cut just as deep in something that isn't brought about by a death. That could be friends that through stupid reasons, part company; relationships that should have came about, but didn't. Or, even someone that you met once that had a huge impact on your life and you would love like anything just to let them know. Even something like an involuntary repetitive theme that for what ever reason, permeates your life that results in such heartfelt losses.

To me, this poem is a gem that one feels, but doesn't put into words. There are two direct influences that caused me to creat this poem. Many thanks to both and it is a tribute to FanStory members and the impact on each other's lives.

A Thank You note for Martin Chiffi , by PUPA
http://www.fanstory.com/displaystory.jsp?id=225884

"I am an empty vessel", by martin chiffi
http://www.fanstory.com/displaystory.jsp?id=225754

I would encourage a look at and review for both.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.