Satire Poetry posted May 15, 2008


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Birth of a poem.

Perverse Poem

by Mike K2


Poet's purgatory for this one.


Poignant
Predominating
Pronouns

Profound
Promiscuous
Participles

Popping
Perverted
Punctuation

...Particular
Prose
Put-down...


Patiently
Poised...
Period


Prefixed
Persuasive
Prattle

Perceptual
Parsing
Perpetrated

Prancing
Pronounced
Phrases

Punchy
Post
Parentheses

Poetic
Progeny
Produced




This is what happens when your are between to serious poems, your mind wants a break and you tell it, "No!" I was suffering from mental blocks, my life was being made more difficult by various occurrences and self induced stresses. Then in the nick of time, Judian James Posted, "Playbill." I read it again and again, until I laughed so hard that I feel off of my chair and clutched my chest. I wanted to recite this and it took me an hour in a half to gain the timing and skill to do so. I used her poem not voice training, but for testing various pop filters used in recording to eliminate explosive consonants. I took a break and came up with my own. My mind's rebellion told me to base it on grammar.

It also dawned on me to use this as a teaching resource for 8th and 9th graders. Think of the purulent pre-pubescent preponderances, this sounds dirty and they will want to figure this one out. The problem will then become getting there minds out of the books, in this case dictionaries and thesauruses and kids will demand to stay in school longer. It's human nature!

Seriously, the English teacher's who effectively got their lessons across, stepped out of the box and made English fun and the lessons permanently stuck with me. Public speaking is one example, our teacher thought we were lacking and created projects and challenges that helped us through life. This temporary reprose from the curriculum actually made us enthused. But poetry was more like a math class, daunting rules and theories, not the practicality behind it all or how it affected you.



Cut and paste for Judian James, "Playbill." http://www.fanstory.com/displaystory.jsp?id=204031

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.