General Poetry posted May 1, 2008


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
What we put out, doesn't always come back.

No S.A.S.E.

by Mike K2

I say, "Hi!" and
you turn your head.
I offer to help you out,
but you walk away instead.

You earn an accolade and
with no thanks, it is ignored.
Myself lauded with taunts as to
who I am, I am implored.

"I don't know why you bother,
all that you put out will never
be returned."
"You're such a good guy,
do your best and behind your back,
you're laughed at and spurned."

Whether a simple, "hi," a
little conversation or some of
my poetry:
It comes from the person that I feel
the most comfortable being and I
think this is way it should be.

I share my best and because of
the few kind smiles that come back me,
continues to make for me, the case.
I put it out there without expecting
it to be sent back; I don't include
a S.A.S.E.

Maybe in the end it wasn't meant for
you anyway, and my words of love to
be thrown on the ground.
To be picked up by someone else, for
them to enjoy and pass around.





Art- Mike K2 -2008

In this one I was thinking about the poem, "Less Than Dust," written by our fellow member Kaze. This is a very moving poem that I recommend that members read. But what stirred my attention was the description, "Unrequited Love." Meaning love that isn't returned. I have come across this phrase several times here and now believe it to be one of the writing themes of poetry. One of my major marks for poetry is if you can identify some aspect of yourself in the poem, another is if something about it sticks with you for a while.

Unrequited? I thought to myself a good bit of what I put out remains unreturned and I thought, "So what? Should it affect the way that I am?" The answer is, "no." I am very happy with myself and have no plans to change. In this I speak of love, but even the smallest amount is too much for someone, sort of like a grain of fulminate, they turn their heads as your greeting will explode. Mostly I am ignored, but a few percent of the time, I am answered back and have meant interesting people and heard stories this way. It pleases on when they mention that they really needed it and it made their day.

S.A.S.E.- self addressed stamped envelope- Included with the envelope you send out so that they can mail the contents to you. In the case of this poem it is love. There are times when I receive it from others and it can be frustrating when they make sure they don't include a return address, but such is life. I just wanted to pass my thoughts on.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.