General Poetry posted March 27, 2008


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Logic in meeting someone from the Internet.

A Poem For Computer Love

by Mike K2

I felt broken until
you came along.
That rat-a-tat-tat
is our special song.

Now my wish and dream,
is really coming true.
With the arrangements made,
I can't wait to see you! 


Yes, but my love for you
is but a BASIC  logic argument,
pulled from a book on my shelf.

If-And-But-Or-Else 



Recognized


Photograph-Michael W. Kohlman-1982- Unknown paid model.

Basic- An anacromyn for, "Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code". A type of programming language when computers operated from the DOS system, when PCs first came out. An age where a 20 megabyte hard drive cost $250.00 and ooh, a top of the line 30 megabyte one, $500.00. If, and, but, or, else- are logic arguments designed to route commands to specific areas of programming. I spent hours programing in this fashion from ones printed in magazines, non of them ever worked and really screwed up the system at times.

FanStory is my only interactive website and I have had so much fun. I signed on wanting a place to post my works and maintain my portfolio and little did I know that world would open up to sharing inspirations, ideas and friendships. I signed on to be a fan of someone and a couple of people at work tried to discourage me, "They could be old, or fat or a psycho." Funny, I have been refereed to that as well. But the enjoyment continued and I have made many more friends, that I hopefully will at least be able to meet and shake hands during my trek through this life. Through our writings, we not only begin to have a sense of each other, we learn from each other. This world can become a large place.

I really enjoyed writing this poem and it is tongue in cheek, postulated, "What if?... A lot of things." I don't see a problem of people hooking up provided the expectations are basic and the reasons are true. In the near future, I will be meeting at least a couple of you.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.