General Poetry posted March 9, 2008 Chapters:  ...3 4 -5- 6... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The truth as I see it.

A chapter in the book A Lasting Peace Without the Tears

Congrats! Now We Want a Peace!

by Mike K2

We congratulate you
on your election victory!
We're telling the world
it's time, we want a
peace accord with thee!

Never mind that we killed
the first person who would run.
Your anti-president stance
vote tells us, you're the one.

You're right, he was running
around like a corrupt cop.
His fighting was his excuse
for oppression, not our
terrorism he tried to stop.

We want to talk to you, since
you are stated peace champs.
We Promise. We'll use another
country for our terrorist camps.

We are so glad that you want
to work with us and forget
our horrible history.
We will be good and appear to
be helping you, everybody
will surely see.

We'll work together until
we declare you the enemy
that we must meet!
In the meantime, please
accept the world accolades
for this newly created peace.




Recognized


This poem was inspired by the following:

A Baltimore Sunpapers article titled, "Pakistan Militants Seeking Dialog With New Leaders." Monday, 02.25.2008 The article reports Taliban-style militants are seeking dialog with the newly elected leaders urging them to abandon President Musharraf's war on terror. -No doubt! The way this war is presented bothers me, lest we loose sight of the goals. In other news, it has been reported that people are concerned at the the increased taliban fighting in Afghanistan as a weakening of the US effort. I believe the increase in fighting is the direct result of the Pakistani president sending the fighters that fled as we arrived, back into their native county and now is the time to fully engage this enemy.

Believe me! I am for peace above all else, but it must be one that is sincere from the start and made with total forgiveness. One only has to look at the world wars. The first one lead to peace, but the victors were very punitive with Germany and it destroyed the German economy and set the stage for Hitler and World War II. The peace garnered from that one has not only kept, but created allies. Once the problem was dealt with, we aided them to improve their economies that gave ours a run for its money. In the end hostilities were put aside and allies were created. Outside of joking around a bit, all sides have forgiven the other, though we still remember the history.

From the other side, look at the cease fires and peace accords between Israel and the Palestinians. None can hold. Upon signing, Israel abides and people then start using terrorism or firing rockets at them. Remember the news. You first hear Israel being attacked, Israel withholds action and the other side continues to provoke them until Israel must defend themselves. The Palestinians call this terror, though it seems very directed at the terrorists themselves causing a minimum of causalities. These occur because the terrorists operate amongst the people. The world cry is for Israel to stop, then the terrorists build back up and attack again. Terrorism must be given no quarter and history must be remembered. For peace to occur, there must be no links to any faction of terrorism, even their humanitarian wing and both sides must agree and fight to the end of eliminating these people.

No sovereign nation can afford to have people like this threatening their sovereignty or borders, period. The United States tends to forget this because we are fairly well isolated. We could have probably avoided conflict with Japan by sacrificing Hawaii, but in the end, they would have continue to encroach on the mainland.

On the 98Rock Morning show in Baltimore, the Israeli conflict was reported and a discussion ensued and it also discussed where do Muslims stand on the issue? One Muslim man called in and explained that he was a Muslim, though not a practicing one and they feel much like we do, but that he couldn't say anything against it because to do so will get him killed. With terrorism, it is the Muslims themselves that make up the most innocent people being killed and I believe it is directly the result of turning their heads and not taking the responsibility. I would rather take the risk on the condemnation side, then on the permissive side and have them amongst me. It would be a better place for them to live. I don't look at this a religious war, but one against the tyranny of terrorism and despotic people. I don't consider these people to be religious at all, no matter the airs or how much prostration these people do. I believe one must kill defend themselves or a nation when it comes to sovereignty, but deliberately killing innocent people no matter the method or cause is just plain murder, period.

I personally don't consider Israel to be a Jewish run state, the form of government is one reason and the fact that a Mosque is still permitted to cover the dome of the rock and be on their temple mount. I believe that they have forgiven the past and turn to the future. I understand Israel is made up of mostly Jewish people and the state was established for their benefit. I consider them good custodians of the Holy Land because they appear to be good stewards by allowing three religions to make it their home and permit worship without interference. Many Muslim states, this has not been the case.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.