General Poetry posted January 2, 2008 Chapters: 2 3 -3- 4... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I feel for the Pakistani people over their loss.

A chapter in the book A Lasting Peace Without the Tears

EX- Prime Minister

by Mike K2

To her country, she
decided to come back.
Even though she knew,
the many threats racked.

I see her as strong as
our country's forefathers.
In a county scared of the
terrorists, afraid to bother.

It is obvious that she loved
her country and lost her head.
That country is now left shamed
and grief stricken instead.

It is the terrorists for their
own tyrannical goals, declared...
Holy War!
Not Christians, Hindus or Jews;
but the decent Muslims that must...
remove these whores!

Even in fear, the citizens must
not fear to face, the eyes of tyranny.
So the strife that these people
cause will disappear, if they can see.

I pray that every Muslim heeds
the call.
The extremists
elimination will help us all!





The poem is formatted in green and white for the Pakistani flag.

Photograph provided by AsiaNews and is considered public domain.

I use the word, "shame," in reference that they are sad to see something like this in their country, within their religion. I didn't mean it in the sense of disgrace.

The present president is depicted at times as a dictator or a hand picked of our president. I don't see the type of signs associated with a dictator. I think he has to walk a very fine line with balancing the countries problems with wanting to fit into the world and benefit from it. I see a patience with the elections, in that he wants the right people running. What I mean by is, is that the people running have to have the thoughts of the Pakistani people and their future in their heart. Not personal power or some religious ideology.

With my quest for Halal cooking, I met all kinds of Muslims. I never questioned their faith, even though mine was questioned. I astounded many a Muslim in that I gained the ability of speaking commonalities. As a Christian, I could show them that I was on the same spiritual page as they were, by not citing Christ but the Apostles creed, "I believe in one God..." The way I was, challenged many misconceptions that they had about the Christian religion. I also acknowledged many Christian failings as they saw it and let them know when they perpetuated these. In my dealings with Muslims of many countries, the extremism seems to disperse the further away you get from the holy land. In talking with Pakistanis I find them the most like us in acceptance with what we encounter in everyday life and as such very rightious and dedicated people.

To me this is not a Holy war, but a choice. The extreme Muslims have their excuses and idioms for why they fight the way that they do, but most Muslim people want to live their days in peace like we do. You may also view my, "Poem for World Peace." This isn't a religious choice, but a choice, "Do I accept tyranny, or not?" I experienced this on a small scale with my step-daughter and my problems didn't get solved until enough was enough and I resorted to weapons and had to be willing to put my future and life on the line for righteousness. The problem went away. Everyone has a stake in this.

I look at our forefathers and though they were wealthy, they put there lives on the line for what was right. Most people didn't care, but at least they were discouraged from aiding the enemy. I now feel that this is the average Muslim's decision to make. Many have expressed this sentiment to me, but they now have to turn and face the real adversary. All of our prayers count!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.