General Poetry posted August 18, 2008


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A good morning vitamin.

Living the Kama Sutra

by Mike K2


A freestyle poetic treatise, possible too free.
When the door closes
on two people;
the world comes to
an end.

What exists outside
the door no longer
matters; no laws,
can dictate nor
render judgements.
Just time with each
other to spend!

Totally into each
other, the shells
come off and love
unfolds.

The only thing
they can think to
give each other is
pure love with out
any wrong holds.

No need for contrivances,
potions, powders or gimmicks.
They have each other and
their desires.

Their passions shared
are the fuel for this
night's love, set on fire.

Our arrows of desire,
for each other's hearts
had hit their mark.

Making futile with
anyone else, for
thoughts of another start.

With each turn, a change
in rhythm, keeping step
with each new dance.

Completely entwined in
with each other's need,
no thought was to chance.

Even though the world
tears them from each other,
and they are distracted
by problems that are a bother.

They are blest with the
most soothing drug, themselves
as only harmony and love beset.
Each in their memories, like
beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

Just to know that someone is
there, is more valuable than gold.
More secure than any museum,
is the image of the other
in their hearts they hold.

They are as beautiful and
fragrant as any orchard scene.
Even separated by slumber they
whisper to each other in their dreams.







Recognized


The Kama Sutra is one of India's erotic texts that is sensuously written. Many people know this book as the India version of 101 positions (gone mad) -The text only version can bring wild imaginings as it would be like using text to describe various texts. The illustrated version has eye opening illustrations that tend to take away from the imagination and the other important things found in the text. There are other texts, the Anunga Runga and The Perfumed Garden that are even more telling and creative.

The copy that I have, I believe mentioned the author as a 14th century Hindu priest, though he was celibate had a desire for married couple to get the most from each other. The Wikipedia mentions, " Mallanaga Vatsysyana is the name of an Indian Philosopher in the Vedic Tradition who lived some time in the Gupta period (4th to 6th centuries CE). His name appears as the author of the Kama Sutra and of Nyaya Sutra Bhashya, the first commentary of Gotama's Nyaya Sutras. It is however, unlikely that the same Vatsyayana authored both texts. Further information on the Kama Sutra and Vatsyana is available in the Wikipedia.

My favorite section of mine involves in attracting a mate. It speaks about constructing beautiful and flowing gardens with a Gazebo adorned with a circular bead and silk curtains. Oh, and plenty of pillows and servants standing at the ready to assist you. I could just see the look on her face and once word gets out, you will never be burdened with attracting another woman again. Maybe it could become a hell of a reality TV show. As for the actual text...

I spent a good part trying to be with the woman I loved. It was not to be as she was killed by a drunk driver and cost me about another ten years getting over it. In addition, God given family obligations got in the way. I was thirty before I started to date. She was from India and things were going fine, but I was terrified that I should know the Kama Sutra as I believed that she would expect a mate to have at least an understand and attempted command with her culture,. I expected appreciation, not the shrill scream, "Oh my God! What the hell are you doing!... I didn't think this was possible." I tried to put the best face on my embarrassment as I could, "At least we don't need the servants." She asserted, "This shouldn't be possible, I'm thirty pounds heavier then you." At that point I gave up on any notion of fantasy with a Vulcan woman. I found that Indian culture was a double edged sword and she was master of the back cut as will. For a few minutes, she would besiege me that I should be treating her much better and loose my shame, (I was the one that didn't care, I loved her) then I got punished for treating her unlike an Indian man as she was not only dark skinned but an untouchable. The relationship ended when she said, "Mike. Do you know why I find excuses for us, not to go out? It is because I would be disgraced to be seen with you and you are not worth that disgrace." I leaned my most important lesson, people put on their best face in dating and that mask quickly comes off.

I feel the most impart of the Kama Sutra is the very beginning, one should first develop his spiritual life, then the business and success one, then find a partner to bring life to completion and start new life. I was proud that I had done this and looked forward to a marriage. The the next lesson, one will not be successful very long and other people will come in and take advantage of a poor situation. It really takes two that will sacrifice and look out for the other. My view of spirituality also changed, it can not be developed in isolation, it needs to be exposed to both the good and the bad the world has to offer. When the naivety comes off, then one can live that spiritual life as God intended. It is an evolving process.

This poem was started a year ago and I decided to hold back. Ironically the beginning text is the same and I finally put together the ending. I wanted to take what the physical love represents and include it into the realm of friendship and spiritual existence. Also as a contemplative goal for each.

The last two lines are dedicated to the two FS woman who have helped me the most with both my writing, thinking and especially keeping my spirit and heart held high. Thank you!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.