General Poetry posted August 15, 2007 Chapters: Prologue -1- 2... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A poem reflecting my feelings on world peace.

A chapter in the book A Lasting Peace Without the Tears

[The longest] Poem for World Peace

by Mike K2

I pray that world peace reigns;
even while evil causes so much pain.
For our own sake; sometimes we must fight;
I pray very hard, the world realizes and does right.

Wickedness, selfishness, causing harm to others...
.... a skin that we all must shed!
No matter what I see or the state of this world...
... peace is my first choice instead.


Peace starts with each one of us, I say!
When everyone of us can realize this...

There will be world peace one day!




Recognized


- This was the hardest thing I did at the Poetry convention. They had a sheet of paper extending from one side of the room to the other and invited people to participate in, "The World's Longest Poem For Peace." Standing down one end and looking to the other, the old woman in me thought, "Oh my, how quaint! How idyllic! How impossible!" The man in me said, "There was peace in your life only after you faced a car load of boys in a car with a tomahawk in one hand and a Bowie in the other." Until I reached that point, I had to endure a solid year in a half of constant threats from it seemed everybody. The more credible was a sheriff on one end who tried to get my Social Security number so he could put me in the system and shoot me (his wife was helping my step daughter to run away), to drug dealers on the other. The Police said that they couldn't do anything about this and told me not to because it isn't worth the trouble that, "I" would get in. All of the kids were telling me that they could do what they wanted, but I would go to jail if I tried to stop them. I decided that jail wasn't as bad as what I was living and drew the line. You know what? When the word got out that I was crazy and wasn't afraid of jail, people left me alone and I had found peace.
- Most people at the convention signed or initialed their names on that poem, some jotted something down or included a political statement. I actually spent two days thinking of something to say, that wasn't just good wishing. This is the absolute best that I could come up with; acknowledging that it takes ALL sides for world peace, talking peace generally is a delaying tactic for the bad guys to wreak further havoc and a heavy fist [actual in my case of figuratively in the world's] generates true peace with out much talk about it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.