General Fiction posted May 6, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Thoughts and a prediction

...what I am dealing with.

by kiwisteveh


First, let me explain the title.

It's part of a quote from the latest notable Trump lawyer, Joe Tacopina, in a conversation with Judge Lewis Kaplan, the Judge in charge of the civil case where E. Jean Carroll is suing Trump for battery and defamation. Let's fill in the balance of the quote and also the context...

The case itself is nearly over. Carroll's legal team have presented their evidence. For Trump, Tacopina has stated that he will not be calling any witnesses. All that's left will be the summing up from each side before the jurors are charged with making their decision. However, to complicate matters, Donald Trump, who has not been present in court has been talking to reporters on a golf course in Ireland saying that he is returning to the US to confront Carroll, implying that he will testify in the case after all.

Naturally Judge Kaplan wants to get to the bottom of this contradiction so he asks Tacopina to clear up the confusion. That's when Trump's highly-paid lawyer came out with this: "I know you understand what I am dealing with."
 
Now that cracked me up. Talk about saying the quiet part out loud!

Yes, Joe, Judge Kaplan understands what you are dealing with. Here in far away New Zealand, I understand what you are dealing with. Most of all, Joe, you understand what you are dealing with - an irrational client. But hey, Joe, you won't get much sympathy from either me or the Judge because you knew who your client was and what he was like before you took on the case. Like all of Trump's previous lawyers you were willing to take on the gamble - a high-profile case and increased name recognition versus the high probability of a massive courtroom loss and serious risk of being stiffed of your fee by a client who is highly likely to sabotage his own case.
 
Did I say 'irrational?' Well that's understating things a little, isn't it? A wide range of respected psychiatrists and psychologists, including Trump's own niece, have gone much further than that. The general consensus is that he is a malignant narcissist, which means that he suffers from a form of narcissistic personality disorder that is highly abusive. People with this personality get a sense of satisfaction from hurting others and may manipulate people or lie to gain money, acclaim, and other things they desire. You'd have to say that's a description that nails the former President.
 
No matter what you call the particular psychopathy that has turned Trump into a jealous, petty, greedy and vindictive bully, a repulsive, self-serving con artist without a shred of conscience, I am more interested in how such a person can possibly cope when they are forced to face reality. My conclusion is that they just can't. The signs are already there that Donald Trump is about to implode and it goes without saying that when he does, it will be spectacular - like a Shakespearean tragedy on steroids.
 
Through a unique combination of inherited wealth, shady real estate deals and good fortune, Trump has never had to face any real consequences for his most egregious actions, so much so that he has been nicknamed The Teflon Don. Now however, it looks like the Teflon is wearing off and an avalanche of legal woes are about to bury him. What happens then is anybody's guess, but here is mine...
 
I believe there is no way that the fragile psyche of the narcissist will survive unscathed the brutal blow of arrest, conviction and imprisonment, even if the latter is more likely to be house arrest than the rigours of Rikers Island. Even now, as the most serious legal charges are still some way off, any observer may see the former President's words becoming more and more incoherent, full of wild threats and vindictiveness against his perceived foes. Unlike any previous holder of the presidency he rails against the very institutions that his oath of office required him to support and uphold. In a clearly self-defeating move, he is also savagely attacking the prosecutors and judges he believes are lined up against him.
 
If Trump's psychological state doesn't allow for imprisonment, what options are left then? Only two - madness or death. It is quite likely that the man who famously declared himself 'a very stable genius,' even when his words and actions most frequently demonstrate neither stability nor  brilliance of mind, will suffer a serious mental breakdown and end up institutionalised, possibly to languish away in a state of confusion and despair.
 
The final possibility is somewhat grim. Trump could simply take his own life as the legal walls close in and overwhelm him and as his ego cracks under the strain.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. kiwisteveh All rights reserved.
kiwisteveh has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.