FanStory.com - Abjureby pome lover
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
to abandon, give up
Abjure by pome lover
Obscure Word 7-9-7 writing prompt entry

 

If, to control, we're inured

Then our freedoms we will have abjured--

No longer to be assured.



Writing Prompt
Ladies and Gentlemen (and all other members to whom these monikers may not apply!): it's time once again for the Obscure Word 7-9-7! Find a word that truly exists but that, for some reason or another, has been out of the mainstream -- and bring it back for us! ;) Or it can be a new one that has wormed its way into the younger vocabulary enough to be put into the Urban Dictionary!! ;) Your choice!

Your poem should be of the format:

First Line -- 7 syllables
Second Line -- 9 syllables
Third Line -- 7 syllables

It should highlight/explain/define an obscure word** for us and really make us want to use it the next time we compose an offering whether it be prose or poetry! :) Remember, keep it mostly clean (know that's difficult for some of you out there, but it IS only 23 syllables so I'm sure you can manage it!) and impress us! :-) :-)

BE SURE to include a COMPLETE definition of your obscure word** in your author notes. Make it fun, make it intriguing, but, most of all, make us want to vote for yours!! LET THE OBSCURITY BEGIN!! :)

**Due to their over-appearance in previous contests, the following words are hereby OFF-LIMITS:
Crapulence
Huckmuck
Gwenders
Panglossian
Kerfuffle

Author Notes
To expect the American people to abjure the things we believe in and that this country stands for is reprehensible and unacceptable. It is the abjuration of our personal freedoms and responsibility - the very things upon which this country was founded.

Abjuration: the renouncing of, abandonment of, the giving up of.

     

© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement