FanStory.com - Why the Traffic Stop?by teols2016
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Inspired by true events.
Why the Traffic Stop? by teols2016
    100 Word Dash Contest Winner 

Annie watched as the police officer exited his cruiser and approached her car. Why had she been pulled over?

Lowering her window, she glanced at her boyfriend, Jason, who said nothing. He didn't seem worried at all.

"Evening," the officer said, getting Annie's attention. "Going a bit fast there."

His ticket book was already in his hand.

"I didn't realize ...I'm sorry," Annie began. "I didn't realize ..."

She couldn't afford this ticket.

"I can let you off with a warning," the officer said, grinning slylyslyly, "if you accept his proposal."

He pointed. Annie turned and gasped.

Jason was holding out a ring.


Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.
100 Word Dash
Contest Winner

Recognized

Author Notes
I've seen a bunch of stories about these types of traffic stops. Thought I'd try writing one.

     

© Copyright 2024. teols2016 All rights reserved.
teols2016 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement