FanStory.com - Fun-tasticby Iza Deleanu
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
perfect world
Fun-tastic
: Fun-tastic by Iza Deleanu
The Future contest entry
Artwork by Cindy Sue Truman at FanArtReview.com

I woke up, squeezed my last drop of coffee and looked outside the window. Yup, nothing there over the rainbow dream. I am living in a perfect world. There is no war, but there is no peace either. Everything is... relative. We don't die, we don't get sick: life in plastic... is fun-tastic.                                                                                                                                                                                                                I remember the old days, kids used to get born and parents switching around responsibilities. Not anymore! Now, nobody is a parent. Yup, we are all adults here. Laughter is so overrated.

One day, a smart ass decided to create a vaccine that would make all bad things go away and apparently children were part of that category. Whoever was over twenty survived... the rest...
'just disappeared". The irony, we got stuck at the age we received the vaccine! Yay, for the youngster, but just imagine being one hundred and staying there in your body like a prune and praying to die and can't. Some tried suicide, and it didn't work. We are immortals.

It's 3050, everything is so relative and in limbo. Who thought that perfection could be so boring? We don't work we just eat and sleep, the rest is too boring.

***

New day, old day, same day! I am out of coffee, but I don't care! Even if I don't eat and drink, I will still be around, so why bother. Everything is so perfect that it hurts. Yup, I managed to hide this memory somewhere in my brain where the virus of perfection couldn't touch it. I wonder if there are other like me, that still remember the old times. I am getting dressed and jump outside in search of the "old ones". I have a plan. I need to find the others. Now, I am wake and I know exactly what to look for. I start knocking on doors saying: "ice-cream".                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        The first ten houses I got nothing. I am in front of house 23, I knock and somebody looking like me opens. I say: " ice-cream?" Her eyes twinkle as she invites me inside. I sit on the sofa and she softly asked me: "Do you remember the berry flavour?" Frightened I look around. She smiles: "Don't be afraid, you are not alone. Welcome to the resistance!"

Recognized

Author Notes
Thank you Little Boogie 007 for this wonderful piece of art that makes my story whole.

     

© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement