FanStory.com - Life Lessonby patcelaw
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Unconditional love essay.
Life Lesson by patcelaw


















Lessons I learned in life and how they affect my relationships making me into the person that God can honor.

I started my life learning from my parents. Sadly, I didn't learn from them how to love unconditionally.

Even though I was not being taught this kind of love by my parents, it was still possible for me to learn to love unconditionally. It began by opening the word of God, and reading of His unconditional love for me.

His love is so great that He even sent into this world His only Son who would live a perfect life and allowed that Son to die in my place on the cross. As Jesus hung on the cross, the sin of all the world was placed on Him. There was not greater lesson that I could learn that the lesson of God's unconditional love. John 3:16

I did not learn of this love as a child, it only happened after I met the man of my dreams. After dating Wayne for three weeks, I knew I was in love with him and I could see he was in love with me. Not wanting to allow him to fall too deeply in love with me, I knew there was a point in my past that I had to share with him. The point when expressed to him I was afraid could jeopardize our relationship, but it was something he needed to know. I had to tell him about the child I had given birth to less than a year before and had placed for adoption. It was a Saturday evening in October of 1958, when at the end of our date, I told him of the child. He immediately took me home. I cried myself to sleep that night because I was fearful I had lost this man of my dreams forever.

On Sunday morning I got up and went to church and I prayed that somehow God would see fit to touch Wayne's heart.

That night I went to bed, with hope in my heart that God would answer my prayer.

On Monday morning at about 10 o'clock the phone rang. I answered and it was Wayne. He said, "Pat, could I come to see you so we can talk?"

With a catch in my throat, I answered , "Yes, I would like that to happen."

In less than an hour he was at my door. He asked, "would you go for a ride with me to a lovely spot?"

He drove to the mountains, to a spot that he truly enjoyed. Parking the car under a large pine tree, he shut off the engine.

Turning toward me he said something that showed to me unconditional love. He said, "Pat, I do not care where you have been, what you have done, because what matter to me is what you can mean in my future and in yours."

During our date on the following Saturday, he fell to his knees and asked me to marry him.

He had just taught me a wonderful and valuable lesson on what unconditional love was really like.

-Patricia Lawrence
9-4-20





 

     

© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement