FanStory.com - Divingby Iza Deleanu
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
the water realm
Diving by Iza Deleanu
True Story Contest contest entry

I always was afraid to swim under water. At that time, I had no swimming goggles, so I didn't dare to open my eyes under.

It was in 1998, a very cold winter, when I learnt by mistake the great art of 'sinking' or what is reffered to today as diving. On that day, I decided to go from my University assignment straight to the swimming pool in downtown. I wanted to practice some new"'deadly styles" under my own supervision.

As I turned one more time on the lane, I hit my leg and started to sink. I opened my eyes and my mouth, and in my panic, I kicked in the drowning zone. In that moment, my entire life went in front of my eyes. What a stupid way to die! Then I realized that I was at the edge of the swimming pool, so all I had to do was to stand up.

So, there I was, coughing and getting the water out from my eyes and lungs. I knew it was so stupid, to drown in a half of meter of water because of a panic attack. That was the day when I fell in love with the water realm, and thanks to the goggles, I was able to see its beauty.

Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement