FanStory.com - His Forgivenessby scongrove
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Chapter of Sins of Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series
THE CURSE
: His Forgiveness by scongrove

Background
Thanks for taking the time to read my chapter. Stay safe & enjoy!

In one swift motion, Cronus raised his sword and stabbed it into the floor. The glowing blade drove into the concrete as easily as slicing through butter. The instant it embedded in deep, the Fury felt as if every nerve in their bodies were lit on fire.

Apollyon couldn’t breathe for the great agony of his suffering. Gasping, he struggled to draw air in. He tried to fight it, tried to overcome Cronus’s powers, but there was no reserve left to call upon. As he curled over onto his side and drew his knees up against his chest, it felt as if he was going to die.
Abruptly, he started to shake, the trembling in his torso escalating until his eyes rolled back into his head. But instead of dying, a bright light passed through him, loosening the evil within him.

Within seconds, a heavy vibration came up through the floor, throwing everyone inside the bar off balance.

When Cronus plucked his sword from the floor’s surface, it released the Fury’s suffering. He turned to Lailah and nodded. She bowed and unsheathed her glorious wings. As they flapped together, the dark plumage ignited into flames.

Callisto looked over her shoulder and searched for an exit. Before she managed to escape, Lailah extended her fiery wings and trapped her within a circle of flames, rendering her powerless.

As Electra tried to make a run for it, she found herself surrounded by Lailah’s holy fire too.

Apollyon took a labored breath and shifted back to his human form. Moments later, he felt something comforting and warm envelope his entire body. He’d never felt anything like it. It was the first time in his life he felt free of his demons and his bloodlust.

As Apollyon pushed himself up, he looked at Cronus, confused. Before he opened his mouth to speak, Cronus said, “Here... take hold,” and extended his hand. “Let me help you to your feet.”

Apollyon took a couple of deep breaths. “Why did you spare our lives?”

“Because God forgives all. You have been given a second chance, but you must go back with us.”

Apollyon nodded. “We will go freely.”

“You will have one chance to say your goodbyes,” Cronus said.

“I don’t understand.”

“Close your eyes, and you will see.”

Puzzled, Apollyon looked at the giant angel but did as he was told.

“Apollyon...”

Apollyon couldn’t believe his eyes when he opened them.

“Yelena?”

Apollyon placed his hand against Yelena’s cheek. She leaned into his palm and shuddered at the warmth of his touch.

“Yelena? Is this really you?”

She nodded as tears trickled down her cheeks and collided with his hand.

He instantly wrapped his arms around her and held her in a warm embrace. “I thought I would never see you again,” he whispered close to her ear. “I’m sorry, Yelena.”

She closed her eyes and squeezed him. “I have faith we’ll be together again.”

He pulled away from their embrace and smiled. “Until then,... my beloved.”

Cronus reached for Apollyon. “It’s time.”

Yelena tucked her arms around herself as he reached for the angel’s hand.

Before he took hold, he looked at his sisters. “We will go with them peacefully.”

When Electra and Callisto nodded in agreement, Lailah’s holy fire dissipated, setting them free.

Helios took hold of Electra’s hand, and Icarus intertwined his fingers with Callisto’s. Frigg stood close by with his arms crossed, tapping his foot, anxiously waiting to get the show on the road.

In perfect synchronization, the angels rose, except for Lailah. She moved next to Sebastian and knelt by his body. With gentle hands, she plucked him off the floor and cradled his lifeless body in her arms.

Jem stepped forward. “Where are you taking him?”

“He gave his life for another,” she replied. “The Creator has asked for him. He’s to come back with us.”

Jem nodded in silence and stepped back.

Before she joined the other angels, she caught sight of a tall man with tanned skin. His hair was thick, the long dark strands pulled back from his handsome face. As he stepped forward and stood next to Jem, the more mesmerized she became. She took a deep breath and inhaled his scent. It was the most exhilarating fragrance she’d ever encountered. And she responded to it, warming... wanting...

Roman tilted his head and focused on Lailah’s beautiful face. With his dark eyes locked on hers, he suddenly felt a heated rush all the way down to his toes.

“Lailah,” Cronus called out, “it’s time to go.”

She couldn’t bear to look away from the handsome man. Finally, after a few heartbeats, she dipped her head and turned to Cronus.

As she rose above the floor with Sebastian’s limp body cradled in her arms, Manuel leaned over the stair railing and called out to her.

She recognized his voice and looked up. “Manuel...”

“Is that really you, Lailah?”

She nodded and smiled at him. “Yes, little brother.”

“Oh, Lailah... I’m so sorry.” His voice cracked. “I’ve never forgotten you.”

“I will always be with you. I love you, little brother.”

As she rose higher, he reached out to her. “I love you, Sis.”

There was a period of silence as the angels magically exited through the bar’s open rooftop, disappearing into the star-filled sky.

To be continued. . .

 

Author Notes
A reference to terms and cast of characters, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into wolf form if they are born an identical twin. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. The Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans. Although they live among humans, their species is secret. In wolf form, they have super-strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illness or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only way to kill a Breedline.
All male Breedlines change into their first wolf at the age of eighteen. Female Breedlines do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends his life searching for their bonded mate. When two Breedline species experience a bond, they instantly feel a simultaneous, desirable attraction. The bond is for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's identical twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-Shih demon, which gives him the power to create a portal and a force of electrical energy used as a weapon and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood. He's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

Sebastian Crow - He is a half-breed and Eve's bonded mate. He has the power to summon a portal.

Yelena Smirnov - A full-blooded succubus from Russia. She is bonded with Apollyon.

Roman Kincaid - He is an Adalwolf trained in military tactics, hired as a special breed of warriors from Brazil. Hired as a bodyguard for Valkin Steele - billionaire funding a group of unethical scientist's research - he later learns of Steele's underground sex-trafficking and illegal drug and weapons trade and informs the Breedline Covenant. He also forms a team of Breedline soldiers who work for a private Special Ops group contracted by the military for missions that no one else can or will do to help put an end to Valkin Steele's corrupt organization. He resides in the California Breedline Covenant along with team members, Lawrence, Bull, Justice, and Lena.

Detective Manuel Sanchez - He is a homicide detective at the San Francisco Police Department who late discovers he carries the Breedline genetics. His partner is Detective Frank Perkins. His sister is Lailah.

The Fury - Three fraternal twins: Apollyon, Electra, and Callisto, created by an evil German scientist named Dr. Hans Autenburg. Using his own DNA, he mixed it with the genetics of a Breedline, an Adalwolf, and a powerful Wiccan.

Battle angels - Their one purpose for existence is to serve the Creator in the war against demons and evil havoc on earth. The battle angels are unlike any of the Creator's angels. The indigenous battle angels, on average, stand ten feet tall, although a few tower to the height of twelve feet with a more muscular build. Tattooed with unique warrior markings, the black-winged warriors are suited with armor typical of ancient heroes, and they wield a type of sword associated with a long-gone empire. They are the bravest of angels, who consider only the importance of their mission, and are perfectly willing to give their life in the service of righteousness. Gifted with special powers, they fight against the dark side. They are particularly fond of the human race and consider themselves humanity's special protectors.

     

© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement