FanStory.com - A Quarantine by QC Poet
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Pandemic Rondeau Poem
The Two of Me
: A Quarantine by QC Poet

A Quarantine hits but What does it Mean?
Religions, Entertainers, losing Green?
Health & Safety Workers are Bravely there,
Republicans disbelieve, they don't care?
History records this Quarantine's scene!

Will any officials lose their fake sheen?
Senate & Congress duck from TV's screen!
President setting precedents some swear,
A Quarantine - effects every single human being!

Happened before Three waves hit in 1918 
One third of the World's people perishing!
Hundreds of thousands in U.S. died here,
Didn't take Politicians to Spread Fear!
Then, Science and time gave us a great vaccine,
Politics have been reset with a zing - A Quarantine!
 

Author Notes
A Quarantine
By; George Martinez
(A.K.A) QC Poet / Chochee Medina
A Rondeau Poem Offering for 7-10-20

Notes;
Please see Rondeau poem Rules in the Potlatch Poetry Rules section.

As a Kidney Transplant patient with a compromised immune system - I need to take this pandemic influenza very seriously.

Photos of me masked for additional protection and when I was on a ventilator due to the kidney transplant.
Ears covered Who's Listening?

The Spanish flue hit 3 times, Spring, fall, and winter of 1918. Approximately 500 million people or one-third of the world's population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States. Mortality was high in people younger than 5 years old, 20-40 years old, and 65 years and older. The high mortality in healthy people, including those in the 20-40 year age group, was a unique feature of this pandemic.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-commemoration/1918-pandemic-history.htm

     

© Copyright 2024. QC Poet All rights reserved.
QC Poet has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement