FanStory.com - Circle of lifeby Iza Deleanu
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
grieving world
Circle of life by Iza Deleanu
What Happened? writing prompt entry

Just pick up the pieces and don't' look back. Run away from this crazy world. You need to find your peace of mind. Your broken heart can't be mended as saying one, two, three and inhale- exhale and here you are, resurrected. Please, for once, forget about the reset button, because you are not in charge of this world. There is a superior part, that can do that, and your pain is an everyday issue for ninety-nine percent of our global population. Life and death are alternating to keep this world in balance.

Your grandmother was a very wise women when she told you that when you are down, you need to pick up the pieces of your broken soul and scramble back to reality. You can't go because, you don't want to fight anymore, or because momentarily you've lost your purpose. My grandmother always put her soul in God's hand. When I was little, I remember when she lost her mom that she stood still for a few days, rethinking her strategy about how to go about moving on. She took my hand and said: "My life is not mine to take! God gave me this chance with a purpose. I have my kids and I have you. Let's get back to life." And she lived for another forty years.

My dad is gone. We had made so many plans for this year. We supposed to rethink our strategy of attack about this horrible cancer. Our way of fighting it, was to travel to a beautiful place by the sea. We called that place the recharging zone. He never told me that he was in pain. He always smiled and assured me that he will beat this, because he has so much to give and see.

Next week it will be nine months since he left me. I can't go over it.

I think of him everyday and my eyes are doing the "cry me a river thing"! I can't even go to see his grave. My flight was cancelled by KLM. I pray to dream about him. I need a sign to know that he is OK and that I must come back and be myself. I need his blessing to break this empty shell in which I rest indifferent. There is life outside, the world went crazy, but I just stay still. This world is not my fight... I am grieving.

It's summer our favorite time of the year. Where I am is raining everyday, maybe the season is slinked in with my grief. My mom is depressed too, and no that I am not going home... she feels abandoned. I feel the same, but what can I do. There is that invisible threat that is lurking behind every corner. I could find a ticket probably, but I am afraid that I will be lost somewhere on those airports being caught in some kind of quarantine. We are confined to our current places. No more freedom of movement and thought, just pick up the pieces and write!


Writing Prompt
Write a story that starts with: "Just pick up the pieces..."

Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement