FanStory.com - Snarly Visitorby HarryT
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Waiting for breakfast.
Snarly Visitor by HarryT
Start the story with this sentence writing prompt entry

I saw it batter against the glass snarling. I was at mom’s house, stayed overnight. I was sitting in the kitchen having a cup of coffee. We were up late taking about old times. It was after 9:00 am, my mom was still in bed when I heard the banging. I peered out the sliding glass door which led to a deck overlooking a small lake. There stood a brown, bushy tailed squirrel banging his head against the glass door and gritting his teeth. I said to myself, “What the heck, I never saw a squirrel act crazy like this.”

My mom entered the kitchen wrapped in her pink terry-cloth robe. I said, “Ma there’s some crazy squirrel up on the deck, he seems really nuts.”

“Oh,” she said, “that’s Brownie I feed him every morning at 9:00 o’clock. He gets upset when I’m not on time with his breakfast.”  

When Brownie spotted my mom coming toward him, his mood quickly changed. He cocked his little head and with a sassy air seemed to signal exasperatedly, Where the heck have you been?

Mom opened the door and said to Brownie, “Now you wait.” She took a small dish from a cabinet, picked up a knife, quartered an apple, slathered a quarter with peanut butter and added one red grape to the plate. She placed the plate on the deck. Brownie selected the grape with his two little paws popped into his mouth. Lifted the slice of apple and ran off to the nearby maple tree, devoured the slice, licked his lips, and scurried up the tree.

Mom, called after him, “See you tomorrow, my dear little friend.”
 


Writing Prompt
Write a short story that begins with this sentence.

I saw it batter against the glass snarling.

Example:

I saw it batter against the glass snarling. IT glared at me showing pointy teeth each one a beautiful pearly white.

     

© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement