FanStory.com - Promise I Will Do Betterby HarryT
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Accepting fault for a dying houseplant
Promise I Will Do Better by HarryT
Dying Houseplant writing prompt entry

Oh no! My poor little house plant what happened to you? You were perky green, but now you’re turning brown and lying down. Did I not give you enough water? Or maybe I gave you too much, my mind is so scattered; sometimes I didn’t remember the last time I watered you. I’m so sorry, little one, for my lack of attention. A friend told me too much water is not good, and to be sure not to let you stand in water because it would rot your roots. I am sorry, I’m always in a rush. New job you know, I’ve got to prove that I’m up to snuff.

In my further defense, remember when I noticed when you began to droop a bit, I rush out to buy the fertilizer I saw on TV. However, now I’m guessing, I may have fed you too much. My heart was in the right place. Don’t you see?

Please don’t go to wherever dead plants go. I hope you can forgive me for my selfish neglect. Did I miss the mealy bugs or spider mites that may have caused your horrible disease? Or did I not detect the tiny scale insects sucking your life?

Please forgive my ignorance and lack of attention. Please, please I will do all I can to restore you to your former brilliance. I need you to know I will change my ways. I love to watch when you turn and face the morning sun. You are a friend and have given me much pleasure. If you go, I will miss you so much
. I’m going to take to the garden shop, and I hope they can mend you back to your old self again. I know now, I did not properly care for you. I know, sorry is not good enough. I promise, I will do better.  Please don’t go, my friend, my mornings will be so empty if you are not back at your corner window spot.
 


Writing Prompt
A houseplant is dying. Tell it why it needs to live.

     

© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement