FanStory.com - Gardonavirus Hits the Gardenby DeboraDyess
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
What will Magnolia do when the virus hits home?
Gardonavirus Hits the Garden by DeboraDyess
Once upon a time.... writing prompt entry

Marigold sneezed. All the fairies fluttered away.

“Are you sick?” Hazel covered her face with one wing, landing on a wilting flower.

Marigold said, “No!”

“Make sure!” Rose whispered. She’d hidden from the sneeze behind a fern.

“The Gardonavirus is why flowers are fading!” Wisteria pointed to drooping flowers. “Be careful!”

Magnolia didn’t think she had Gardonavirus, but agreed to go away from flowers and fairies. She sadly flew into a hollow of rocks. There would be no friends, no outside play or flying. Magnolia wanted fairies and flowers to be safe.

“We’ll bring you dewdrops every morning!” Rose called. “And honey, too!”

“I’ll sing for you at night,” Hazel promised.

Long days passed. Magnolia missed her friends. They missed her, too.

One day, Rose flew into the hollow. “Come out!” she said.

Magnolia flew out. The flowers were bright and beautiful. Magnolia and the fairies cheered!  Gardonavirus was gone.



Writing Prompt
Write a childrens' story (150 words- title not included( write your own title)about a pandemic. The story should be amusing, capture the child's interest, while conveying a real sense of what a pandemic is.

Author Notes
This pandemic has been hard on us all, but for little oneswithout the capacity to understand, it's been even more difficult. The challenge was to write a story that helps out littlest ones begin to understand it all. Hope this fits the bill. :)
Thank you for reading and stay safe and healthy!

Image is from Pixabay.com. Thanks, Coffee!

     

© Copyright 2024. DeboraDyess All rights reserved.
DeboraDyess has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement