FanStory.com - Camping Outby dovemarie
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Time of my Life contest entry
Camping Out by dovemarie
The time of my life: writing prompt entry

A few years ago, I embarked on a camping trip with a club that I attend. Two staff and eight members participated. We had a long drive, and we stopped at intervals to eat and stretch our legs. Some of the members, like myself, were older, while the others were young, and we took turns listening to the different songs on the radio that were popular for our age groups. When we arrived, we unpacked and some of us took a rest on our bunk beds, while others headed for the pool or the pond. We saw magnificent, tall trees arching gracefully overhead, and we saw chipmunks scurrying around. It rained part of the time, but mostly the weather was beautiful. I took my blanket and towel and sunbathed on the shore of the pond. I also wrote a poem about the trip. Wind and sand and sun and sky and rain all mixed together to make my body feel healthy and clean. The men were in one cabin, the women in the other. We got together around the campfire to tell stories and to roast marshmallows, weiners and s'mores. We took turns cooking and cleaning up. We were like one big happy family. I hope we can go again!

Writing Prompt
Write a short story. The topic is: The best time you ever had in your life. It can be as an adult or as a child. Please keep it clean. Minimum length 100 words. Maximum Length 4,000 words.

Author Notes
Thanks to techcontracting from Pixabay for photo.

     

© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement