FanStory.com - Little Mushroomsby Iza Deleanu
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Bosses - Day 41
The Corona saga
: Little Mushrooms by Iza Deleanu

Background
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I posted so far. Thank you for reading.

April 26, 2020
Day 41

Since the Coronella hit us, I don’t know how you feel, but working from home sucks. I think our bosses, if they could, would put an ankle monitor on us and implant cameras all over the house to see where you are every second.

For example, my little Hitler came up with a system of checking in and checking out by e-mail. The old communist way of punching the clock. For example, I start at 6.30 am at 6.29, I must send an e-mail that I have started the working day. If I was to cheat I will sign in at 6.30 and catch a little sleep until 8.30 am when the Boss starts, but I do have work ethic and this little invasive method makes me start my day with anger.

 I hate when these little and stupid mushrooms don’t admit that they have nothing better to do than to monitor your movement on the map. They always use this cheap excuse so and so is not working and is on Facebook all the time. Well if you know that is a habit for that person when they are at work, of course, at home they will do the same. Not my problem.

But why the hell are you punishing me? You know that I hate micromanagement. If you want to be smart about it, there are other ways to check if somebody is working: just open the assigned tasks and see where that person is. But this will require some detective skills and patience, which you don’t have.

Your method will not give you what you need, because people lie all the time in their reporting, and they maybe doing 1% from what they are proclaiming.

Seriously Ms. Hitler, we already know that you are 90% on Facebook looking at what your people are posting. Oh, wait you are monitoring to see who is there. Now, I got it! Silly me! If you want to monitor me, search me on Fan Story, where I do spend my lunch break and my coffee break. At least, I am doing something productive: improving my communication skills.

Instead of calling me every five minutes, you better check your Inbox. I sent you like ten items that need your approval because you want me to follow the chain of command. Every time I follow this rule, my work falls behind. Why? Because that pipe is rusty and people in charge need one month to get back to you… with a supplementary question that is already answered in the report. But to read, you need patience, so yeah, you stupid employee, give me the Reader's Digest of your e-mail and stop bothering me, I am busy!

Oh, no, here she comes again. Where are you?

I am in the washroom.

What are you doing there?

Well let me see, I just had a pee session and now I am washing my hands really good, and then apply some sanitizer to keep Coronella away.

Well I was trying to talk to you over Skype, and you were not there.

Next time when I need to use the bathroom I am sending her a message: Boss I am going to the washroom.

Her answer: You don’t need to tell me that.

Now, my dear reader, you feel me, to tell or what the Hell?

Why all these Hitlers work on short-term memory supply? I should talk to IT to give them a boost, a small memory upgrade, some extra RAM, or whatever the term is for this thing.

Oh, and another thing: every time we have a Skype meeting, and I am sharing a document, the same micro mushroom cries in the background: I can’t see, it’s too small! I am telling her: Boss, you need to fit the document in the window, drag the margins and it will become bigger.

Next day, same complaints! Lord have mercy! This Coronella is going to be the end of me. My patience is running out of steam, and there is no offer on Amazon or China for that.
 

 

Author Notes
I am using Coronella instead of Corona, I think is sound funnier:)
For my readers and reviewers, please forgive me for my bad English, since is my third language, I am using this cheap excuse to ask for your help in correcting the grammar and the other mistakes

     

© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement