FanStory.com - Rescueby RodG
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Humanity is instinctive.
Rescue by RodG
100 Word Story writing prompt entry

Earlier, Corona had claimed its first two lives in Oakdale where I
lived.

"Staying in's no guarantee of safety," I thought, peering out the window at a world in dim silhouette. The stars were bright . . . and so was the window of my neighbor's house.


"Fire!" I scream.

I raced across the street and banged on her door. No answer. I threw my weight against it and staggered inside.

"Molly?"


Smoke billowed around me. Flames licked at the curtains. Finding her sprawled in a doorway, I threw her over a shoulder. I trudged backwards, letting the cold air of the open door guide me.
***

"What the devil were you thinking?" said my love, cradling me in her arms. "You should have called the fire department. Last summer's heart attack wasn't enough?"


"Flames . . . Molly . . . I just reacted. How is she?"

"She'll recover."

I frowned. "If Corona doesn't get her."


Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: fire, devil, scream, heart, love.

Author Notes
Photo is courtesy of Google images.

I really do believe humanity is instinctive. I try to stay safe these days of pandemic paranoia, but in an emergency I think I would react as the narrator did. Would you?

WORD COUNT: 148 words Apple Pages

     

© Copyright 2024. RodG All rights reserved.
RodG has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement