FanStory.com - Staying Alive Playlistby amada
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Music and its healing powers.
Staying Alive Playlist by amada
Artwork by willie at FanArtReview.com

This winter afternoon, while trying to take a nap and shorten the hours of another day of imposed isolation, in Washington state, I turned on the radio and was delighted at the tone of uplifting musical melodies.

The first song I heard, surprisingly was "Staying Alive." I took it as a personal invitation. I live in Washington state; we are in self-imposed quarantine for over three weeks now, and maybe for another month. Persons over 60 years old and with underlying medical conditions are especially at risk. That means me. I have been at home for some time now, and the hours seem to linger on...

I like music, I have always loved musical sounds. Especially during this afternoon of solitude, I blessed the company of this uplifting song. While lying in bed and feeling sorry for myself I felt the song like a personal call to cheer up: I am still alive and well. Suddenly my toes starting pulling up and down rhythmically. Soon my shoulders were also following the rhythm. Finally, I gave up, got up barefooted, and started dancing on the floor. The carpet seemed to caress my toes. Even the cloudy day outside seemed to brighten up when I opened my window.

Medical and psychological studies show that music has healing powers. I believe! For me, music has been an underlying factor in the recovery of my many physical ailments. Maybe a higher power to inspire musical talents to bring joy and well-being to the rest of us, especially the ones who can hear between the sounds.
At this crucial time when the entire world is trying to stay alive, I bless the stars for playing this song for me.

I believe this could be an inspiration for my fellow FanStory friends, to write a playlist of their own favorite songs.


Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. amada All rights reserved.
amada has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement