FanStory.com - Working from homeby Iza Deleanu
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Day 16
The Corona saga
: Working from home by Iza Deleanu

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of language.
Background
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I posted so far. Thank you for reading.

Day 16
March 30, 2020

Working from home, and I am not alone. This is the second day working from home. Do you guys work in your PJ and straight from your bed? Not me, I am actually getting a shower and after the shower, washing even my hands... again.

I am changing in something comfortable and even adding my favorite watch to my wrist and also my lucky bracelets, my only treasure that my dad left before going in heaven.

It's i6.30 am, and I am starting my daily barging with my husband for who gets the office space. Mother Fortune, I am losing every time!

I was banished from our official office space because he has to teach on-line. He is an electrical engineer and is teaching right now from home. He hates it, but on-line is the way to go now days.

Oh, brother, I get the sofa again. I have to work from my multi-functional room, which is the living room, and also the kitchen. I got as a bonus the kitties too. My furry toddlers, are driving me crazy, jumping all over me when they feel like playing. I am telling you, there is no respect for moi in the house. I feel like being the freaking maid.

Everybody expects to be served, and when is my turn, everybody is scattered somewhere. Thanks, God that I am a big girl and I can take care of myself.

Since I am home, I went back to my old habit: swearing... Yup, I swear, every time my remote connection lets me down in the middle of an important meeting or when I am editing an important document. I swear whenever one of the three buggers with whom I am sharing the living space is interrupting me when I am on a freaking conference call.

It's like, hey, do I bother you when you are teaching your class? No, of course, not! Or you crazy furry babies, do I bother you when you are napping? Nope! Then why the heck are you?

Have you guys notice that you are working more from home that from your office. The reason is pretty simple: there is no more chit-chatting, no more breaks for coffees, hell, no! You don't dare even to take a washroom break, because you might lose your connection to your remote desk; and we know that it takes at least 10 minutes to reconnect.

Productivity increased by 100%.  That is astonishing! And you even forget about lunchtime, you eat in five minutes and back to that tiny screen. I thank God every day that I still have a job to go back too. I thank God every day for my family and friends. I thank God for you, my dear ones all over the globe. Please don't lose hope, this is just a moment that will pass.

Lady C., putted us in isolation, but we are humans, we know how to pass time; we know how to live in harmony and we know to take care of each others.

I am not complaining. I actually learnt a lot of skills since I have started to work from home.

Me and my husband, we are finally sharing meals together and eveneating at the same table; and now we finally talk ... yeah about Corona. He even bought me ... Heineken!

Author Notes
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I posted so far. Thank you for reading and let's stay safe my friends.

     

© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement