FanStory.com - To Give in Great Measure!by Fonda Little
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
We are in this together so let's care for our neighbors!
To Give in Great Measure! by Fonda Little
Rhyming Poetry Contest contest entry

"We are called to help our fellow man,
stand united in this struggle,
and help where we can,
for how can we truly say,
we love our neighbors,
as we love ourselves,
if we hoard all that can help them,
in our homes on our shelves?

It is always much more fulfilling,
to give than receive,
so be that person today,
to help someone in need,
expecting nothing from them,
to give in return,
let your heart be moved now,
on another's plight,
with such loving concern!

For this trial is designed to draw us closer to one another,
not further apart,
and even if where you are,
you are the very start,
be the change today with a loving heart!"

Recognized

Author Notes
Acts 20:35 New King James Version (NKJV)
35 I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"

Matthew 25:35-40 New International Version (NIV)
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40 "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

I get on my knees every morning and ask The Lord His Will for my life and for the power to carry that out and on this particular day He gave me the words, "Division brought about by greed", and told me He wanted to speak through my poetry about the subject! Here is the poem He spoke through me, the picture He led me to, and above are the verses He led me to! All Praise, Honor, Glory, and Respect goes to God and God alone now and forevermore!

     

© Copyright 2024. Fonda Little All rights reserved.
Fonda Little has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement