FanStory.com - That 'Mom Voice'by Y. M. Roger
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
All sons know to listen and respond to it...
That 'Mom Voice' by Y. M. Roger
Flash Fiction contest entry

Her three boys were coming home! The universities were closing for Corona Virus, and Marge cheered: the excitement of family life would return!
 
Jonathan brought a couple of band buddies from New York – home was a mess right now, it seemed.  Russell brought his cat, Sputter, who quickly became the family cat’s favorite adversary. Bobby’s two roommates were exchange students and couldn’t get home on such short notice. Dali, from Italy, was staying indefinitely.
 
The extra cots Marge ordered from Furniture Outlet arrived just as she was serving dinner.
 
“Stow the beds and come eat, please.”

No response. Marge shook her head, grinning. Boys…gotta love ‘em.

“EVERYONE! EAT! NO-O-OW!”
 
After the stampede to the kitchen, everyone served themselves. Smiling amidst the chaos, Marge asked a bewildered-looking young man where he was from.
 
“Furniture Outlet, ma’am.” He indicated the food. “This is delicious.”
 
Marge laughed.
 
She had hollered ‘everyone’, hadn’t she?

 

Recognized

Author Notes
No matter how old they get or where they're from, boys always know when their Mom means business! ;) ;) Thank you for reading me!

Image from Google Images.


     

© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement